Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Interview Success

What a great day for an interview - although it started with torrential rain storms, my two interviews today came and went without a hitch. I was very nervous for both - but to my surprise, my nervousness did not overtake me, I answered the questions with knowledge and confidence. It is interesting as these were my first set of interviews to work as on occupational therapist - how very differently they played out as a alder adult returning to the workforce after ten years. I felt as if I gave the potential employers the answers they were looking for and began to see how much my education background in conjunction with my life experiences will serve to improve their programs in so many ways. It sounds funny but I felt like " a grown up" not just someone who was pretending to be a grown up to get a job.
Any others returning to this or other fields and have similar experiences? What do you think if you are interviewing a "2nd career stay at home Mom"? There is definitely something to be said for life experiences and their impact upon your outlook on life.

No comments: