Thursday, August 7, 2008

Studying for this exam is harrowing at best - I go from thinking I know so much (and actually am astounded) to very quickly plummeting and thinking I know very little (and how did they think to even give me a diploma). SO needless to say my emotions are running high and I look forward to the end of the test so I can at least breathe a little easier.
On a brighter note, I will hear in the next day or two about a job offer - It is thrilling and exciting while at the same time terrifying. I haven't had a paying job for ten years - as I stayed home to raise my daughter and go to school - so things will be changing for me dramatically in the next few weeks to month. It feels as if I am starting out on a wonderful journey. I hope to be able to have time to keep this up once I start working to document this journey that I am beginning. I also hope to hear from others who are just starting out, have been working for a few years or even better - those of you who are veteran OT's and have been doing this amazing work for a long time.
I just finished reading the latest copy of the ADVANCE for OT and there was an interesting article in there regarding the use of prosthetics and the 2008 Olympics. Thy were trying to ascertain of the gentleman in question would have an edge over the other runners due to his prosthetics - It intrigued me and wondered if anyone else has any thoughts on it?

No comments: