Wednesday, July 30, 2008

NBCOT has come through!!

I have received my ATT letter at long last and have signed up to take my test on August 25, - now comes the serious studying to make sure I am prepared. I took a practice test today and only got a 61% - although I don't know how that equates to the actual test score but we'll see. Fortunately the test outlines the areas where you are deficient and then you can plan studying devoted to those areas in particular. For some reason I have such a hard time with any questions that relate to spinal cord injuries, group work and RLA levels. If you too have difficulty in these areas - what have you done to get better at it? if you have taken the test and did well in those areas - do you have any advice? and finally just any thoughts or encouragement as I study for what is to be the culmination of 7 years of academic preparation. :)
It seems surreal that in a month's time I will be a licensed OT and practicing. I look forward to this and using all I have learned in the past years to make things better for people and help them along their road to "getting back to life".

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

SC levels almost always come up on the NBCOT exam. Remember the major actions that happen at each cervical level. I had some good info on this that I will try to find and post. Good luck!

otbecca said...

thanks cheryl - I appreciate the response