Friday, July 18, 2008

starting in the world of occupational therapy (OT)

this blog among other things is devoted to my beginning of a second career as an Occupational Therapist (OT). 10 years ago I was struck by a drunk driver and broke my legs in 25+/- places. After many surgeries, much rehabilitation and the outstanding help and guidance of many therapists to get me back to my life - I have just graduated with my Master's degree in occupational therapy.
It is my hope now that I too can be that change that a person needs to get back to their life.
As I write this - I am awaiting my ATT letter from NBCOT and spending 3 hours a day studying for the licensing exam. I'd like to begin research at my new position which (with any luck) will be working with adults with developmental disabilities in a day setting.
If you are reading this and
1) are in the same boat - let me know, what study tips do you have that are working for you?
2) you have already been there and done that - any suggestions to get where you now are?
3) you are interested in OT or my story and want to know more - let me know
4) thinking about or are doing research with this population - let me know perhaps we could collaborate

3 comments:

createchaos said...

welcome, my sister.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the online OT world! I'm looking forward to reading your future posts about OT. Pretty amazing what you had to go through!

Cheryl said...

Thanks so much for sharing your story with everyone! Good luck in dealing with NBCOT... patience is key.