Friday, October 17, 2008

Breaking Down Walls

So... my new job is going well and I have a lot of respect for the people that are in these rooms each day, but, it has been somewhat difficult in breaking down some of the walls that are put up by the direct care staff that take care of these guys all day - day in day out. I feel like I have turned the corner though and people are beginning to see how I can help them out - not only in improving participation and increasing independence but making their days easier to boot. I will be starting the individual groups soon and am hopeful that they will go well. We will be doing a lot of activity focusing on pumpkins ( a colleague suggested themed activities - that can be continued in each room when your not there). It feels great to be providing this service to these folks. If you have any group ideas for adults in day habilitation feel free to let me know. I am going to have to get my creative juices going to keep things fresh and interesting.

1 comment:

Richard said...

Hello!

Given the ever growing need for Occupational Therapists, I put together an article with a list of financial aid options for those hoping to enter the field. If you wouldn’t mind, could you share my article with your readers? Please let me know via email if you are interested.

Many thanks!
Richard